The Operations Manager is an interesting and varied position in a very pleasant golf club environment. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate a proven ability with standard administration software and be able to undertake web and club diary management duties. Excellent organisational, inter personal, planning and prioritising abilities are vital. An understanding of golf would be very useful.
Salary: The salary will be negotiable but commensurate with the position and the overall package will include: private medical insurance, share in staff fund distributed twice yearly after a qualifying period, pension fund, meals on duty.
Hours: The role is full time and will require a willingness to work flexible hours including some weekend work on a regular basis.
Holidays: 28 days.
The duties are to:
Assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the general running of the Club as outlined by, but not restricted to the tasks below:
- Manage and monitor the annual Club Diary, which requires liaison with Members, reciprocals, societies and visitors regarding bookings for golf, bridge, meetings, functions and other events, ensuring that specific timed actions required in connection with these are dealt with or brought to the CEO’s attention.
- Administer all the arrangements with society and member group bookings within the parameters set by the Management Board including enquiries, bookings, allocating tee times, catering arrangements and subsequent correspondence. Ensuring that all correspondence is accurate and up to date and that all club requirements have been met before the event takes place.
- Act when required as the society/groups first point of contact ensuring that all arrangements are in place and that participants receive a warm and friendly welcome to the club.
- Dealing with member and general enquiries in person or by telephone and acting as a filter for the CEO, referring any queries to the Chief Executive Officer when necessary.
- Attend meetings with the CEO as minute taker and prepare the draft minutes for the Chief Executive Officer.
- In conjunction with the Office staff, administer the Ladies section competitions and events.
- Assisting the CEO with all Club competitions including the posting of notices, draws and the ‘on the day’ administration of certain board competitions.
- Preparation of papers for, and active participation in the weekly Dept. Heads meeting.
- Organising the regular maintenance (and repair when necessary) of the Clubhouse.
- Maintain such records and files as needed for the efficient running of the Club.
- Share the answering of the telephone and the opening the daily post and distributing it in accordance with the CEO’s instructions.
- Assist when required with the maintenance of Membership records.
- Personally, assist or refer to the CEO’s, Members, guests, suppliers and others with business at the Club.
- Deputise for the CEO in his absence.
- Act as line manager Front of House Staff.
- Undertake secretarial and such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by the CEO.
The successful candidate will be able to display the following attributes which will be considered essential for this appointment:
- Capability: Ability to work in a calm and controlled manner in a busy environment.
- Initiative: Ability to take the lead and to operate without supervision
- Diplomacy: Ability to work in an environment where manners and respect are paramount.
- Planning: Ability to plan and schedule work to maximise efficiency.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is on offer to attract the best candidates. Package Private Health Care.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary.